This week, I will show you how to make a "salted background".
Here is my example:
You will need:
- White, glossy cardstock
- Distress reinkers, in the colors of your choice
- water brush
- Mini Mister filled with water
- coarse salt (but table salt works too)
- Mist the glossy cardstock using your Mini Mister.
- Put a few drops of your chosen colors of Distress inks on the craft sheet or a plastic container.
- Using the water brush, pick up some ink and drag it on the wet glossy cardstock. It is not necessary to use a lot of ink, unless you want a darker effect.
- Sprinkle with salt.
- Let dry.
- Once dry, wipe off the salt, carefully to avoid scratching the glossy surface, using a paper towel, a dry, soft paint brush or a rag.
- Finish your card.
Now, IT'S YOUR TURN!
Please come show us your results on the store forum!
For a printable version of the technique, please follow this link.