This week, the challenge - quite simple - will be to add fabric to your ATC.
As an example, here is mine, followed by the instructions:
- 3-in wide ribbon
- Batting (I used cotton balls)
- 2 pieces of cardstock, each measuring 2.5" x 3.5" (or a hair smaller)
- Woll and embroidery needle
- Double-sided adhesive
- Stickles glue in Crystal and Ruby Slippers
- Using some double-sided tape, secure the "batting" to one of the cardstock pieces. I simply spread out two cotton balls for mine.
- Place ribbon over top - you may want to secure it with adhesive as well, so as to ensure it won't move during the sewing process. If the ribbon has a metal thread, remove it before proceeding.
- Sew all around with the embroidery needle and wool. A simple whipstitch (tight, however) is enough. To do that, simply start at the back of the card and go over the side to go back through the back and so forth. Finish with a small tight knot.
- Adhere the second piece of cardstock to the back to hide the knots and finish it nicely.
- Accent the "lights" in the tree with Stickles glue.
Now it's YOUR TURN!
Don't forget to come show us your work on the store forum!