jeudi 12 août 2010

Project 52 weeks of ATC's - Week 32

(version française ici)

Hey there!

This week, we're doing Peel Off's again, but with a twist or two... I found a cool technique on another French Canadian blog and I tried it out: Take a piece of watercolor cardstock, lay down some leftover Peel Off's stickers randomly and cover the whole thing with a good coat of gesso, just thick enough to leave a bit of an embossed cardstock look. Let it all dry completely and, once dry, color it with alcohol inks. It will give it a metallic sheen that can be used for a cool background. Here is the link, even though it's in French, it's illustrated enough that it can be easy to follow. Of course, if you have questions, I can translate it for you, just send me a note or comment on this post.


On another project, I had alcohol-inked some Peel Off's stickers on a sheet of wax paper (to color them without coloring the whole "negative" parts). Once I removed the stickers though, I thought the wax paper was so pretty I didn't want to throw it out, so I tore it into pieces to adhere to my ATC.

On the bottom left coner are a couple of those leftover alcohol-inked shapes too! I guess it's safe to say that I'm a Peel Off's nut!

So go ahead and give it a try, and please do come and show us your work on the store forum!

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire